Monday 10/12/09 – Working from home today, still sick. When I got up for work both boys were still in my bed. I was curious to see how long it would last. I started working at 6:30am to finish the issue we had with payroll on Friday. At 7:30 I heard a clunk followed by a few more clunks so I ran downstairs and there was Clark in the hallway looking like a deer in the headlights. Lijah stayed asleep until about 8:30. Since I starter so early I was able to get off of work at 2:30!! Jason went to get me some sinus medicine. Lijah and I have been watching Ice Road Truckers so we watched a bit of that tonight. It snowed all day long today – it was beautiful! After work Lijah and I went outside to play in the snow. We made a mini snow daddy, mommy, big boy, and toddler and then Lijah crushed them with his car.
Tuesday 10/13/09 – Home from work sick again today – but am working from home. Mid-way through the day Jason and Lijah made pudding and brought me up a bowl. Lijah fell asleep at about 2pm downstairs and when Clark got up from his nap Lijah woke up and decided he wanted to come lay up in my bed while I worked. I was sitting in bed working so he was huddled next to me whining "Me want mommy" over and over and over. Then suddenly my leg felt warm. Yep, he did it again. He peed on me. He was so wrapped up in his crying that he didn't even realize that he had to go. I changed the bed and our clothes and now I am back to work. Lijah is sleeping peacefully next to me on his Thomas the Train pillow (with Percy facing up of course). Every once in awhile he mumbles "me want mommy to come downstairs with me" and then goes back to softly snoring. He is so sweet. All the times where he is wild and unruly are made up for with moments like this. Later Jason brought in a box he had bought to store things in the garage and let the kids play in it. They crawled in and on it for a few hours while Jason played video games and I watched. They also decided it would be a good dance floor since the video game had some good dancing music. Both of them twirled around and around and around and Lijah even attempted to do the splits a few times.
Wednesday 10/14/09 – Working from home today. After work Lijah and I went to Target to get some soy milk and juice for Lijah's 'special blend'. He was talking about going to the store all day to get these things so mommy could make him a special blend. A special blend is a concoction daddy made Lijah from juice and milk and now both of the boys love it. Sometimes we even put some bubble juice in with the milk for a special treat. When we got home from the store Lijah insisted that he eat a whole block of cheese. Of course I was not going to give him a whole block of cheese, so he had a meltdown. Stayed up past my bedtime again preparing my lesson for Sunday at church.
Thursday 10/15/09 – Took a bus into work today – it was snowing on the way in. After work I had a hankering for playing video games, and so I did. Jason went out to clean the garage some more. At bedtime Lijah still acts sick thinking that he can come into mommy's room – he asks for medicine, he coughs, everything he can to make me think he is sick. When I was sitting on his bed with him he started scratching my arms. The other night he did this too as I was falling asleep. I am not sure how he knows that I like having my arms scratched – but I am not questioning it – I'm just enjoying it! Stayed up past my bedtime again preparing my lesson for Sunday at church.
Friday 10/16/09 – I forgot to mention that I finally made my jalapeño jelly last weekend. It tasked like the stuff Celya made for me but it was not as hot – and I like it hot. So I was a bit disappointed in it.
Saturday 10/17/09 – We decided not to go to the library today and just hung out at home instead. Lijah and I were going to head to the thrift store to find some winter boots since he had no warm boots to play in when it snowed last week. But our plans got changed….. Cherie and Abbie (and Abbie's friend Ella) came over to watch the kids so Jason and I could go see Where the Wild Things Are. We rarely go to movies since we download them and watch them from home, but thought that this was one worth seeing in the theater. And it was – it was great – and I cried multiple times. After the movie we swung by Chipotle and brought dinner home. While we were gone Cherie went outside for a walk with Lijah while Clark napped. Lijah says that they picked up sticks together.
Sunday 10/18/09 – Today I taught my lesson on "Family: The Sweetest Union" in Relief Society. The lesson in the manual talked about marriage, children, parents, and sibling. I figured that we talk so much at church about strengthening our marriages and relationships with our children that I would leave those parts out. Instead I focused on parents (specifically honoring your parents), siblings, and extended family relationships. After church Lijah and I went over to Rossi's house for Iris's birthday party while Clark napped. It was such a beautiful day out that we decided to walk. Lijah got a piggy back ride part of the way, ran through the leaves, saw a funny giraffe sculpture in someone's yard, and picked up some leaves to bring home for daddy. I made some pink legwarmers for Iris and some green ones for Astrid – she decided that she was going to wear hers to dance class. Then I had a Relief Society meeting planning meeting at Leigh Eager's house at 8pm to talk about the new small group activities and our Christmas party.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment