Monday 10/19/09 – I took work off today because Clark had his 1 year doctor's appointment with Dr. Waller. I was going to leave Lijah home rather than risk him getting sick from all the sick kids at the doctors office, but he was so excited to go with. So I loaded up on hand sanitizer and let him come too. We got in right away, but while we were waiting for the doctor Lijah said he had to go pee. So we found the bathroom, but when he was going something went crazy and he started peeing up in the air and all over the place. Clark was eating a piece of toast and dropped it into the pee puddle, and then as I was wiping up all the pee he kept trying to get his hands in the toilet. It was a pretty intense few minutes, but we made it….. Clark got 4 shots and a finger prick (Lijah liked watching the lab guy squeeze the blood out of his finger). The worst part for Clark was the band-aid they put on his finger afterwards. He kept trying to shake and bite it off. Since Clark got a flu shot we decided to do one for Lijah too – but the one for Lijah's age is a mist they shoot up his nose. He was a bit scared while it was happening, but he was a big boy about it all. On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and got ice cream cones to eat in the car. Later on while Clark napped, Lijah and I went to the thrift store to find his boots, and we did find them for $4! He also got a pair of shoes for the summer with flames on them, a shirt with trucks on it, a dump truck, and a sled for when it snows. Then we went to Cub to get some pumpkins – they had them for $4 each and they were HUGE! So we picked out two of the biggest ones. Lijah also picked out some nice green nail polish for me to match the green eye shadow that I had picked out. When I got home Jason had cleaned off the rack where I keep all of my produce (onions, squash, tomatoes, etc..) and put all of the veggies into nice baskets – it looks great! Today was one of those days where everything went as planned, no one was freaking out, the kids were nice to each other, it was nice out, and life was good from start to finish.
Tuesday 10/20/09 – Rode in to work today and got rained on on the way home. I saw some missionaries driving by me on the way home so I waived, then they stopped and I chatted with them a bit. Lijah was in a bit of a naughty mood tonight and decided to break the stem off of the pumpkin on the porch. At least they lasted for one day…..
Wednesday 10/21/09 – Got a ride to and from work today since it is raining. After work I made a huge taco salad, watched an episode of Ice Road Truckers, and gave the boys a bath. Then tried to beat a level of Savage Moon on the PS3, then bedtime. Lijah has been wearing a diaper to bed since he has started wetting the bed again (since he was sick) but last night he didn't and woke up dry so I let him try again.
Thursday 10/22/09 – Clark woke up at about 10:45pm last night – not too long after I fell asleep. I had to bring him to bed with me and he kept me up for half of the night – either sitting up looking and babbling at me or requiring that he lay on top of my face to fall asleep – both of which did not equal good sleep for me. But at least he played nicely in his crib with some toys while I took a shower. Lijah did wake up dry again today! Hopefully we have turned a new leaf.
Friday 10/23/09 - Today was the first day of my permanent Friday work at home schedule. I was able to sleep in, watch Lijah play as I worked, and still got some excersice on the elliptical during the normal time I would be coming home. Lijah and I went to the co-op to get some henna and then to the Silver Angel Thrift Store while Clark napped. The thrift store was a dud, but we got some good stuff at the co-op.
Saturday 10/24/09 - Lijah and I went to the library to return his dinosaur puppet that was due (we had no renewals left) - only when we got to the library we realized that we had forgotten the puppet. But we found out that it is only a 5 cent per day fine, so it's not that bad. After the library we walked down to the thrift store. I found some pajamas for Lijah and Lijah found a car. You have to spend $5 to put it on your check card and out total was $3 + tax. I only had $3 cash so I made Lijah put the car back, but then realized there was a penny jar and borrowed some of those so Lijah could get his truck too. In the evening we went over to Angie's for Alyssa's birthday party. Jason picked out an outfit for Alyssa as a present. We had spaghetti for dinner, then cake and ice cream. Lijah and Clark had a great time, and so did we.
Sunday 10/25/09 - Went to church today but had to leave early. Lijah wasn't acting himself and the teachers in the nursery had to hold him to keep him from crying, so we left. I decided to try out some butternut squash ravioli for dinner. I was so excited because my friend Pam Rust had tried it with great results. But mine turned out terrible and I ended up throwing it away - after 2 hours of work! I tried to substitute whole wheat flour and just was not able to get the dough thin enough. Lijah was talking about having his own car to drive today so I asked him where he would drive if he had a car and he said he would drive to church. What a sweet boy.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment