Thursday, December 17, 2009

11/16/09 - 11/22/09

Monday 11/16/09 – Working from home today, sick

Tuesday 11/17/09 – Worked from home again, today was worse than yesterday. In the evening I had my soap making class to teach at church so I bucked up and went to teach my class. It actually went well and I had a surge of energy while I was there (that promptly disappeared upon my return home). I'll chalk that one up to Heavenly Father helping me to fulfill my calling for the evening. We made vanilla soap with oatmeal powder for exfoliation. Lijah came with and stayed by my side during the class. We started with soap making, and while the soap cooked we went to make a beaded ornament (taught by Monica Rawhouser), and then back to the kitchen to finish the soap. On the way to the car Lijah commented on all the stars in the sky and looked at how beautiful they were.

Wednesday 11/18/09 – Working from home again as I still feel sick. It's about 2pm, Clark and Jason are sleeping so Lijah is upstairs with me while I work. He is sitting out in the hallway playing with some money, counting it, talking about buying toys with it. Lijah is going a bit stir crazy up here with me while I am working, but he's being good. I take that back, he just dumped my backpack out all over the bed – but I guess that will keep him occupied for awhile. Jason just told me that he is starting to get sick now, so I think I will be working from home for the rest of the week. That's not a bad thing, but there are a few things I just won't be able to do because I need to physically be at work to do them. I am thankful that I can work from home and don't have to take time off from work when I'm sick.

Thursday 11/19/09 – Was planning on going into work today, but now Jason is sick. It's probably better that I didn't go in since I still have a cough. I worked last night after the kids went to bed until about midnight, then while they napped today and again after the kids went to bed. I have so much going on at work right now that I really can't afford to not work. Went to Rainbow with Lijah to get the ingredients for enchiladas - the missionaries are coming over for dinner tomorrow night.

Friday 11/20/09 – Jason was feeling a bit better today but I still worked from home. Went to WalMart with the boys in the morning to look for clothes and let Lijah buy a toy car with his own money (for the first time). Of course he wanted to buy the big toys, but he only had enough money for a little car. Finally I did get him to pick one out – he picked a blue racecar. Meanwhile, Clark was in the basket throwing things out and chewing on the blocks of butter.

Saturday 11/21/09 – Henna'd my hair in the morning then went to the library with Lijah. They took down all the puppets to try to limit the spread of germs – hopefully they will come back after flu season. We lost a movie and the library charged $20 to my card so I can't check out books anymore. I don't want to pay it, and then find the movie. Luckily I foresaw this happening and opened up an account for Lijah. We'll just use his card for now, until we find that darned movie! Then Lijah and I went for a ride on his bike up and down the block. Jason went to go rent the Time Travelers Wife for me since we can't find it online, but it turns out that it was never released on DVD. So instead he got Monsters vs Aliens. I turned off all the lights and watched it with the kids. Lijah sat in the same place during the whole movie, but Clark got antsy after about 30 minutes so I turned on some lights so he could go and play. Lijah fell asleep at the end and then Jason transported him to his bed. Amazingly he stayed asleep, slept through the night, and did not wet the bed. I thought for sure he would since he did not use the bathroom before going to sleep.

Sunday 11/22/09 – We stayed home from church today so we don't get anyone sick. We feel better, but still have coughs. Lijah and I went for a walk with his bike around the neighborhood while Clark slept. We like to go by a house on 33rd and Polk that has dinosaurs and other little toy animals in the yard. We found some Spiderman tattoos and put a bunch on Lijah's arms. The other day we were playing with tape and I decided to make a big spiderweb in the archway of our living room. Lijah thought this was the coolest thing ever. He's been trying to stick things to the web and runs around yelling spiderweb.

No comments: