Thursday, December 17, 2009

11/30/09 - 12/6/09

Monday 11/30/09 – Took the bus today. At the bus stop I talked with a guy who told me all about when he used to cut down trees in the winter and how one fell through a houses roof all the way to the basement. Then they had to go into the basement to cut up the tree.

Tuesday 12/1/09 – Looked at the beautiful sunrise with Lijah this morning from the couch. There were pink pillowy and wispy clouds. Lijah perked up and said "I see Eeek Surprise, and lots of kids, and an airplane" in the clouds. It made me remember of the time my sister and I waited in the car while my mom was in Target and she was telling me that there were Care Bears in the clouds. I looked and looked, and thought that I really did see them peeking over the clouds at me.

Friday 12/4/09 – Took today off of work. Becca Robison (with Helen) and Monica Rawhouser (with Amelia and Quinn) came over to practice their songs with Jason for the Ward Christmas party. I got to hold baby Helen (just 5 weeks old) while they practices (Clark was napping) and got my baby fix met. She was all sleepy and cuddly on me the whole time – there is nothing better. In the evening I went to Rosedale to check out JCPenney's juniors section and found another pair of pants.

Saturday 12/5/09 – Hung out at home most of the day. Jason rented a game for the PS3 – Where The Wild Things Are – and I found that I love the game. I played for a bit and Lijah and I went to Target to get some things. Lijah bought another car with his own money while we were there.

Sunday 12/6/09 – We were all able to go to church together as a family finally. None of us were sick! Clark did not nap before church and he would not nap during church so he was a bit cranky – but less cranky than I would have expected. I tried to put him down before church but he wouldn't go to bed. I peeked in on him and he was just chewing on his seahorses face and babbling. Clark slept from right when we got home from church until almost 7pm. During that time Lijah and I played some more of Where the Wild Things Are (I was trying to get him to take a nap as well while I played, but it didn't work). Then I also cut up and froze a bunch of onions, washed and froze grapes, roasted some red peppers, and made some sweet potato flaxseed bread. Some people see food prep as a chore, but I really find it soothing and relaxing. If I have time, it is my favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Then I played some more of the game while Jason played with the boys. I am totally sucked into this game right now.

No comments: