Thursday, July 10, 2008

7/9/08

7/9/08 – This morning Lijah brought his Thomas the Train train and a Blue's Clues Easter toy that grandma gave him two years ago into the car – but of course I had to carry them out for him. He had a bit of a meltdown before we left for work because he wanted to go play in the backyard rather than go out the front door to the car. I emailed my glucose test results into my doctor yesterday afternoon and heard back that she is going to start me on insulin again. The same thing is happening that happened last time. I am able to control my glucose levels throughout the day with my diet, but overnight fasting numbers are too high. The pregnancy hormones cause this so there is really nothing I can do to prevent it rather than take insulin shots at night. So insulin it is! She said that she was sending a form over to my prenatal doctor and that she should hear back by the end of the week, so I will probably start on it this weekend. After work on the way into the house, Lijah saw that our neighbor Roy was washing his truck so we walked down there and Lijah watched him spray with the hose for a bit. Then we went in to eat and Lijah said he wanted tacos for dinner – so I made him a taco, then he wouldn't eat it. So I made myself a taco salad for dinner instead and he had some cottage cheese. While I was eating Jason got out the harmonics and showed me how he and Lijah liked to square dance while I was at work. Lijah cooperated with the dance but had a grumpy face on the whole time. Then we went outside to water the garden and saw that there were a ton on purple beans ready to be picked. So I brought Lijah into the garden and had him pick all the beans that were ready to be picked and put them in a big cup. There were also a few peas ready as well. I thought that if Lijah picked them, then he would want to eat them – and it worked! We sat down in the yard with the cup and he ate a ton of the beans! Then we went into the backyard and watched the birds in our birdhouse feed their babies, and then a big robin with a mouthful of twigs came right up to us. Lijah kept looking into the ferns looking for that bunny we saw the other day. My foot has still been hurting so I put an ice pack on it. Lijah kept taking the ice pack off my ankle and putting it on the scar I got from the lawn mower earlier this summer. Before bed I though I would have Lijah try out his potty chair since he has been fascinated with making himself pee when he is in the tub. So we pulled out the chair and he sat down – and right away he went! He was so excited!

No comments: