Friday, July 18, 2008

7/14/08-7/17/08

7/14/08 – I had a doctor's appointment today and when my doc went to listen for the heartbeat she found Clark hiding right behind my belly button. Starting on July 31st I will start having weekly appointments where we'll do a stress test and an ultrasound (they do this because of the diabetes). In the stress test they put a big elastic band around my waist with movement censors. Then each time the baby kicks I push a button (it's like a game show button remote control). They check to make sure that the baby's heartbeat jumps to a certain range after each movement. Then in the ultrasound they look for 5 specific things and he has to pass on so many of them to be deemed healthy and not at risk. It should be fun to see him every week, but then I have to be at the doctor's office for an hour and a half every week. Good thing I work downtown!


7/15/08 – After work we did a service project at church and I brought Lijah with since they had a class for kids set up. They had three projects set up: sewing blankets, making fleece blankets, and filling hygiene kit bags. I chose to help with sorting out all of the hygiene kit donations and fill up the bags. Towards the end Lijah had a stinky diaper so I had to change him, then he would not go back to the kids class so he hung out with me in the gym where we were doing the service project. I let him have some ice cream treats (and I snuck some too – even though I shouldn't have because of the diabetes). He spent the rest of the night tip toeing around the gym eating his ice cream. Everybody thought he was so funny!


7/16/08 - This morning Jason was sick so I had to take a bus into work and I was about a half hour late. The bus was slow as molasses and the traffic was horrible! I felt horrible all day as well – just tired and blah. Then when I got home I felt especially gross so we just hung out and watched a movie. I had ordered Suits on the Loose, which is about two hoodlums who steal some missionaries car and clothes to get away and they end up having to pretend to be missionaries – it was pretty funny. Lijah has become obsessed with reading the same book over and over and over at bedtime. At first I thought that it was just his truck books, so I put those away – but now every night no matter which books I pick he clings to one of them. Then he gets all freaked out when I try to move onto another book. So eventually I just finish with that book and tuck him in with the book. Then the next morning he immediately grabs the book when he wakes up and wants to read it.


7/17/08 – At work I printed off a bunch of coloring sheets for Lijah with different mailmen on them. When I got home we colored a few of them and then decided that we could use one as a thank you note for our mailman. Mailmen never really do get thanked for the work that they do and I thought that this might make the mailman feel extra special the next day. So we wrote Thank You on the picture, folded it up to look like an envelope and addressed it to him, and then put another line that says "Thank you for being a great mailman" on the front. I also wanted to have more craft time and make a little mailbag for Lijah out of card stock, but then we got lazy and Lijah was more interested in playing with Play-Doh – so maybe that will have to wait for another day. Lijah has had a bit of diaper rash the last few nights so I have been putting baby powder on it to dry it out. Now he wants baby powder on anything that hurts – and I had to put it on his foot a few times before bed – he kept saying 'ow' and pointing to the powder and then his foot.

No comments: