Wednesday, July 2, 2008
7/1/08
7/1/08 - Today we had multiple run in's with Lijah almost getting hurt. First, in the morning when we walk out to the car, Lijah usually goes right for the back door where he crawls up into his car seat. Well today he wanted to get into the front seat. I went to re-direct him and he ran away from me and right out into the street. Thankfully there were no cars coming..... Then Jason and Lijah went over to grandma's house for the day. They are getting a new kitchen and Cherie wanted somebody at the house to make sure nothing happened. Jason, Lijah, and Abbie were out back and Abbie and Lijah were swimming in the pool when Lijah suddenly went under water and couldn't get back up. Jason had to jump into the pool to get Lijah above water. Cherie said that Abbie was pretty shook up about it and keeps having flashbacks to when it happened. She is turning 12 in January and will be legally of age to babysit so I am sure she is pretty freaked out about what happened - because she is really looking forward to babysitting. On another note, we have been thinking of what to do with Lijah's hair. It was getting so long and straggly looking, but every time I asked him if I could cut it he said no. Tonight I asked him instead if I could "make his hair look all pretty" and he said "mmmkay". So we decided to cut his hair with Jason's clippers (Jason has been wanting to shave his head, but I wasn't sure about cutting it that short!!!). We thought Lijah would freak out but we let Lijah plug the clippers into the extension cord and Jason showed him how he shaved his beard with the clippers and assured him that it did not hurt. Lijah sat in down the barber's chair (my lap) and Jason started shaving his head. We intended to give him a little skater mohawk, but his hair on top was just too long. So we ended up just shaving his head totally. He looks super cute, and almost like a different little boy. He does, however, resemble a cancer patient....but it will grow out a bit soon and we'll be past that. We found alot of dandruff and a little spot on his head where there is no hair growing. It looks like a scar, but he has never cut his head - so we're not sure why it's there..... I gave him a bath afterwards and showed him what he looked like in the mirror and he was very excited. he started making all kinds of faces at himself in the mirror and touching his head. I asked him where all of his hair went and he stopped, put his finger on his chin, and said "hmmmmmm". He'll be much more comfortable with no hair since it is summer - his hair was getting pretty sweaty and gross every day.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment