Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8/25/08-8/26/08

Monday 8/25/08 – Before leaving for work I though I would check on my two pathetic little squash growing in the garden and noticed that one of them were turning brown. I decided that their journey was over and picked them both. Now I am just going to let the rest of the garden die and be done with it. I still have some tomatoes growing in the back and will let those live on, for now at least. Last night I had a strange dream about the baby. I looked down at my tummy and could see his two feet poking out – and I could see all ten toes perfectly (at first I was counting toes and thought he had ten on one foot, but then realized that it was two feet). Then he pushed out more and was sitting in front of my crossing his legs, but still in my skin – my skin was just stretched way out to where he was sitting. I had a dream like this before as well but didn't write it down…..only in that dream I was holding the baby (still in my skin) in my arms and rocking him. On Saturday we got a letter from our pediatrician, Dr. Anjali Goel, stating that she was leaving the practice to continue her studies. So now we have to find a new pediatrician. When I was referred to this office by a co-worker they had recommended Dr. Waller, but she wasn't seeing new patients. I reconnected with that co-worker and they are still recommending Dr. Waller so I think I will see if she will take Lijah now given the circumstances of Dr. Goel leaving. After work I decided that we would have craft time. I had found an idea to cut shapes out of a cereal box, paint them, and make them into a picture of a house. So I cut out the shapes, got out the finger paint, and let Lijah go at it. It didn't go over so well – I should have remembered that my little boy is a neat freak and every time he dips his finger in the finger paint he immediately wants his hand cleaned off. So we scrapped that idea and decided to make a rainbow instead. I drew 6 arcs for the 6 different colors, cut out pieces of paper for all of the colors of the rainbow, put drops of glue on each arc, and Lijah glued the corresponding colors in their place. Much less messy, and a huge success!

Tuesday 8/26/08 – Last night Lijah woke up in the middle of the night crying in his room. He rarely does this, but when he does I usually let him cry and he'll go back to sleep. But this was a different panicked cry so I went in to get him. It took awhile to calm him down, he must have had a nightmare. I laid down with him, and even offered to let him come sleep in my room, but neither worked to calm him down. Then I just asked him if he wanted me to tuck him back in and he crawled off of my lap and back into his bed. I tucked him in, told him I loved him, and that was that. Weird….. I started my twice a week doctor visits this week. This morning I went in for the NST (where we listen to the baby's heartbeat for 20 minutes). I got there at 8:30 and wasn't finished until 9:15 – they were late getting me in and then they pretty much forgot about me in the room. Hopefully next time it will be a bit quicker. We decided to make some more crafts after work tonight – and decided on a Cheerio necklace. Lijah put a bunch of Cheerios on the string, but then became more interested in eating the Cheerios so I finished it for him. Then I put the necklace around his neck and showed him how to eat it, but he didn't like getting the yarn in his mouth. So we scrapped that idea and I got him another bowl of Cheerios. Then we decided to go outside and play with the hose while I picked more tomatoes. I have about 30 tomatoes sitting on my counter now. I will have to find a good tomato sauce recipe to freeze. While we were outside I decided to rip down my Cascadia pea plant and my purple beans and harvest the seeds for next year. I was surprised that this was so exciting for Lijah, but he got really into it. So we brought all of the pods inside and he diligently opened up the pods, put the seed in one cup and the waste in another cup. Every once in awhile he would look at me and pretend he was going to eat the seed, but he was just doing this to be funny and to see what my reaction would be. While I was tearing down the beans out front I found a cherry tomato plant with about 5 little tomatoes on it. This one had grown from the seeds that dropped last year and I didn't even know it was there. Funny how the plant I neglected brought fruit and others that I actually cared for didn't produce anything. The last few nights I have been letting Lijah jump on my bed for about 10 minutes before bedtime. He seems to have a lot of extra energy these days and hopefully turning on the music and dancing will help him get some of it out. Our bedtime routine seems to go a bit faster this way since he is more tired from all of that dancing.

No comments: