Friday 8/15/08 – Last night Mark left, or I should say was asked to leave. Jason had given him a few chances and he just wasn't caring enough to do what he needed to do so Jason thought it would be better for him to leave at this point. It was nice having him in our house though – I think he did a good job helping out. But we can't want to help him get his life in order more than he wants it – he needs to want it for himself. As I suspected, I am really sore today so I will be happy to go home and be able to do nothing for the weekend. Jason is going to go up north fishing for the night. This may be the last weekend he can go up there for a long time since the baby is coming soon. We decided that since Mark was gone and we really don't have any extra money right now, we would hold off on painting all the rooms we wanted to paint and save it for another day.
Saturday 8/16/08 – Jason decided to come home in the middle of the night. I guess he felt homesick by the time he reached Cambridge on the way up there and thought he would just come home. I called him before bed and he was in the middle of getting pulled over. He had been in a parking lot reading a newspaper, waiting to get ahold of a relative up there and had turned off his headlights. When he started driving he forgot to turn them on again (our headlights automatically turn on when you start the car, unless you had manually turned them off – which was the case here). The cop let him go and said he was just happy to see that Jason wasn't a drunk driver. In the morning Lijah and I headed to the thrift store since we had a $5 coupon to use and got some new books and magazines with it. Jason then ran to the store to get a new shirt and I decided to get some more cleaning done. While I was cleaning Lijah really wanted to play in the crib in the nursery – so I let him play in there while I was in the bedroom putting away clothes. It got pretty quiet so I thought I would go in and check on him. When I walked in I saw him standing at the wall ripping the wallpaper down! I could not believe it! We had just decided to leave the nursery as it was, but I guess Lijah had other plans for it. So for the rest of the morning I spent my time ripping down wallpaper. Luckily whoever put it up did a bad job so it came down pretty easily. It was probably a bit of a confusing day for Lijah since I initially yelled at him for ripping down the wallpaper, and then turned around and had him help me rip down the rest of it. I really did want the nursery repainted though – so this was truly a blessing in disguise. We also opened his Hi-Ho Cherry-O game. He doesn't get how to play it, but he likes playing with all of the cherries and the buckets. After Lijah's nap we went to Cherie's for a taco dinner and to see her new kitchen. We had been thinking of re-doing our kitchen but I didn't realize that it was so expensive! They spent about 15K on their new kitchen – I don't think we would have money like that to spend for about another 20 years! For dessert we had a lemon cake with lemon frosting. Lijah wouldn't eat his cake, but instead sat at the bowl and licked fingerfuls of the icing. After dinner we just hung out in the basement. Abbie got out the karaoke machine and Lijah spent most of the night signing in the microphone. When we left we had a trunkful of stuff: a huge pile of recipe magazines, some Jones soda, leftovers, painting supplies, paint (they just happened to have extra paint in the color I wanted for the nursery), and a bag of baby clothes from Angie.
Sunday 8/17/08 – After church I took a nap and then took down some more wallpaper. We had a huge bunch of bananas that needed to be eaten today or they would go bad, so I sliced them up and threw them on the dehydrator. I made stromboli with mushrooms and asparagus for dinner. It was a pretty uneventful day….
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment