Monday, August 25, 2008

8/18/08-8/24/08

Monday 8/18/08 – Waking Lijah up in the morning is sure getting easier and easier each day. I used to have to go in and wake him up, then hold him for a bit while he woke up. Now, if I try to do that he gets mad. Even if I open the door and leave it open he will get mad, run out of bed, scream no, and slam the door. So I have been cracking the door open, peeking my head in, saying "Good morning, Lijah. I'll be downstairs, come down when you are ready, ok?", and then he says his cutsey "kaaaaaaaaaay". Then I go make our breakfast and by the time I am done he is just starting to come downstairs on his own. I love it! Cherie wanted to donate one of her comp days to me for my leave and I found out from HR that this would be ok (I was sure they would say no). So that's one less day I need to worry about saving up for. When we got home I knew Lijah was hungry so I asked him if he wanted to eay – "kaaaaaaaay" he says. So I go through a huge list of possibilities of what he could eat and to each one he says no. So I say how about eating blah blah, and he replies "kaaaaaaay". So he won't eat food – but he does want to eat blah blah. If only I can find out how to make blah blah now. I ended up giving him some sugary cereal – better that than nothing. Then Lijah and I took down some more wallpaper after work and Jason spent the night cleaning. I heard all kinds of jumping and laughing going on in Lijah's room so I went up to see what the ruckus was all about. He was in there with Chirp bouncing his dinosaur ball around and laughing hysterically. Chirp was sure glad when I opened the door and she could make her escape. We then went out to water the tomatoes and I had 15 ripe tomatoes. The snap peas are drying up and the squash have a few squash appearing. Hopefully they don't die before they are ready to harvest like the other squash. Before bed we spent some time watching the Olympics and our friend the spider in our windowsill while we downed a bowl of ice cream.

Thursday 8/21/08 – I had another ultrasound this morning and again Clark was hiding his face from us. My doctor said that the recommendations for prenatal care have changed and now 2 checkups a week are recommended after 36 weeks. So now it looks like I will have appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays until I have the baby. The first week in September we will do a growth scan to see how big the baby is to see what the likelihood of my not having a c-section would be. I was under the assumption that if I had a c-section I could do it anytime after 37 weeks, but I guess they won't do it until 39 weeks. I was temped to just have a c-section if we could do it at 37 weeks, but now I am not so sure what to do. September 18th would be 39 weeks exactly and if I have to have a c-section I think that would be a good date. It's 5 days after Cherie's birthday and 5 days before my birthday…..

Friday 8/22/08 – Today we had a team outing for work at the State Fair. I haven't been there for over 10 years. Jason dropped me off and I met my group just inside of the gates at 10am. First we went to the Miracle of Birth barn and saw some baby ducks, baby piglets, and a lot of pregnant animals waiting to give birth. I felt bad for the poor animals – I know I wouldn't want crowds of people around me when I am in labor and giving birth….. We then went through some other barns to see pigs, sheep, and horses. At this point I thought it was pretty neat and actually thought I should bring Jason and Lijah back to the fair before it ends. But after seeing the animals there really isn't anything to do besides eat. And having diabetes, that isn't really fun because I can't really eat anything that I would normally want to eat. So we took the skyride for $3 over to the food building. I got some cheese curds, a veggie taco, and a bottle of eater for $10 and felt a bit ripped off. Then we went over to the dairy building and I got a caramel apple sundae for $3.50, and went then to the International Bazaar. At that point I was too tired to go on anymore and I decided to go home – it was almost 1pm. Right across the street was the bus that took me downtown and from downtown I hopped on a 10 to get home. In all it took me an hour to get home on the bus, which isn't that bad. When I got home I slept until Lijah got up and then we went to get some groceries at Target.

Saturday 8/23/08 – Lijah and I went to a few garage sales in the morning to see if we could find some baby clothes for Clark. Here's what we ended up finding: 2 pairs of blow-up swimming arm things, a pair of snow pants for Lijah, 2 sweatshirts for Lijah, a onsie for Clark, a book about creepy crawly things, and a cookbook. Not exactly what I was after, but I only spent $4.60. After Lijah's nap we went out to Buffalo to see grandpa. We thought it would be a long ride for Lijah, but it ended up taking just about as long as a round trip coming to pick me up from work takes – so he is used to it. Lijah had fun pulling out all the toys he could find and had a good time getting tickled by his cousins Devon and Nicholas. Jason played video games with Coy almost the whole time, except when they were out playing with the remote control dragonfly. Coy gave Lijah a carrying case for his little toy cars – it is exactly what Lijah needed! Lijah fell asleep on the way home, and I almost fell asleep as well. When we got home I put Lijah right to bed – I was surprised that he went right to sleep, I thought for sure he would pop up and want to play more.

Sunday 8/24/08 – Before church Lijah got out all of his toy cars and put them into the new car carrying case he got from Coy. He likes it so much he even decided to bring it up to his room for naptime. After Lijah's nap Jason Lijah and I headed to Lakeside Park in Spring Lake Park. The weather was cool and it was a really nice night so we thought it would be good to get out of the house. When Jason moved down here when he was little he lived right by this park. There was a playground and a beach, but both are in pretty rough shape now. The beach still looks kind of like a beach, but it is overgrown and not at all swimmable anymore. But the bathrooms and concession stand building are still there. It looked like they were redoing the playground. There were a few things for Lijah to play on and he had a great time, but a few of the play areas had caution tape on them because they were only halfway done being built. Once they are done it should be a pretty nice park again. Before the park I made a pie with cheese, mushrooms, asparagus, and veggie crumbles – it was delicious! After the park we just watched some TV, ate ice cream, looked at the spider in the web in the window, and relaxed until bedtime.

No comments: