Friday, August 1, 2008

7/29/08-7/31/08

Tuesday 7/29/08 – Jason hurt his foot the other day and went to the doctor today. They did some tests but the results won't be back for 10 days – but they think it could either be a hairline fracture or gout. They gave him a huge boot to wear to make it easier to walk and some medicine. I took the bus home since Jason was still at the doctors when he would normally leave to come pick me up. Our friend Hans Rawhouser came and hung out at our house while Lijah was napping and he was just leaving when I got home at 5pm. Then I got Lijah up, we ate dinner, and then went to run a few errands (get Jason's medicine and return some videos). While getting the medicine at CVS I let Lijah ride in the cart with the car in front of it. Whoever invented these things should be a millionaire because they are great! I wish they had one my size! We also saw some cotton balls and I thought maybe we could make a sheep craft with them sometime this week.

Wednesday 7/30/08 – The doctor told Jason that he should probably get some new shoes since his were pretty worn out. Jason tends to wear his shoes until they are literally worn through – even though I always tell him to just get new ones. Since he can't walk very well I though Lijah and I would go up to the mall and get him some new shoes and swing by the maternity store. I was a bit nervous about the mall with Lijah since he always tends to get extra cranky there – but he was actually very very good this time around. He walked with me all the way to the shoe store and then played nicely while I was picking out Jason's shoes. Picking out shoes for Jason is easy because he always gets the same ones (Payless/Airwalk/tan or black/size 13). Lijah wouldn't walk back to the maternity store so I carried him, but once we got to the store he was good again. He helped me carry around some clothes as I picked them out and then played in the little play area for most of the time. I only have 2 shirts right now that I can wear so I thought I should try to get at least one more to carry me through the next 2 months. I found a brown shirt and a skirt, and the skirt is one that I can wear after I have the baby as well. Lijah kept trying to open the curtain in the dressing room while I was changing, but he did pretty good with distractions of snacks and my cell phone. He did, however, get his snack bar all over the floor and ground into the carpet (sorry Motherhood Maternity!). It was a total opposite experience from last time where he cried at the top of his lungs while I was trying on clothes, having a total temper tantrum in the dressing room. They also have a play area in the mall so I thought we would check it out. He has never really been interested in playing in there, but today he was. So I got to sit and rest for awhile while he ran around and played.

Thursday 7/31/08 – Jason took some of his medicine for gout last night and his foot felt 80% better when he woke up today – he didn't even have to wear his foot brace to walk around. After work we started a new family meeting hour, which we will have every day after work (for now at least while we are getting things going). We set up a daily calendar through Google and made a full to-do list. Each day we hope to go through what was done that day and what needs to be added for the week. After the meeting Lijah had a bath, even though he said no to the bath and said hose instead because he wanted to go outside and play with the hose. Once he was in the tub he had a good time though. I was thinking about bringing him to the beach again on Saturday, but a closer lake this time. So I asked him if he wanted to go to the beach and asked if he remembered going to the beach with Dawn. He said 'okay' and then he said 'Dawn'. I was surprised that he said Dawn since he hasn't said anyone else's name yet – he won't even repeat anyone else's name. Must mean he had a great time on the beach with Auntie Dawn. After bath-time we decided to make some crafts – the sheep craft with cotton balls. I had printed off some sheep at work today and brought them home. I showed Lijah how to do it without gluing down the cotton balls and then let him go at it with the glue and cotton. He decided that in addition to having cotton on its body, the sheep needed some cotton on its feet and on its mouth. Then we made a second sheep and glued some googly eyes on. I then put glue all over the body for him so it would be easier to plop the cotton on its body. But he decided that instead of cotton, this sheep would be covered with googly eyes – so I let him go for it. He did add one cotton ball on his back, and after he was done with the eyes I let him sprinkle colored sand (black and orange) on the remaining glue. So we ended up with a pretty normal sheep, and a mutant sheep.

1 comment:

dawn said...

I have to say, a tear came to my eyes when I read your entry about how much fun Lijah had at the beach, and that he said my name! I love that little guy, and I am glad he had a good time that day. Let me know if you ever want to do a beach day again, we can do someplace closer to your place to make it easier :)