Tuesday 8/5/08 – Lijah is getting the concept of asking for things 'in addition to' other things. At night in his bedroom he points to his lamp and says 'on', and I turn it on. Then he points to his ceiling light and says 'on too'. He is getting really excited that his words can communicate what he wants and we will actually do what he wants. He also likes to turn on the ceiling fan and light in the living room lately….. It is National Night Out tonight and I found a few block parties in our area. Last year we went to the one over on 33rd and Polk so I decided to just go to that one again. I was surprised that Jason offered to come with – he generally isn't a block party kind of guy, but I think that since I am so pregnant and in pain he thought he should come with for my safety. He was all nervous as we walked up to the party – it was kind of cute. Our neighbors Brad & Christine, Keith, and some others from our block were over there as well. They had a bucket of toys for the kids – Lijah picked out a box of crayons and a bug coloring book. They also had a kiddie pool out so he played in that with the other kids that were there. We met a few more neighbors than we did last year and found someone just down the block that had a kid Lijah's age. The mom kept calling Lijah Elijah even though we corrected her and said it was without the 'E' – it's what Lijah has to look forward to the rest of his life. Christine was talking about how she was trying to find renters and my ears perked up. She is renting a house about 7 blocks away that would be perfect for Angie – so we went over to her place and got a flyer. While in Christine's backyard I commented on how many cherry tomatoes they have and she said that the plant was a mistake. They hate cherry tomatoes and did not know how it got into their plants this year. She offered to let me pick them. So Lijah and I went home and got a basket and went and picked all of their tomatoes. When we got home Lijah ate about 15 of them – he loves cherry tomatoes. After seeing their garden, I realized that my garden is even more pathetic this year than I had previously thought. But I do have one red tomato almost ready to pick – that's a small win.
Wednesday 8/6/08 – Last night was the worst night ever so far during this pregnancy. I was so sore in my back and whole groin area, the baby was kicking me all night, I had to get up to go to the bathroom 3 times, and I woke up with leg cramps 4 times. The last time I got up was 4:45am and I could not fall back asleep – I finally rolled over to face the clock and thought I was possibly about to fall asleep and the clock read 6am. Just about time to get up….. So I got up, hobbled into the bathroom to take a shower (my legs were still achy from the all-night cramps and I still have the overall achy pain). I hopped in the shower, felt like crap, and when I was done hung the shower head back up, bent over to turn off the water and….crack….the shower head fell off and hit me right on my spine. That did it – and I broke down crying. I was a wreck. But I figured I would be a wreck whether I was at work or at home so I might as well go into work. And I did feel like crap all day. But my cube neighbor tried to make me feel better by telling me that even though I felt like crap I looked good (he didn't say this in a hitting on me kind of way, but just in a nice guy kind of way – besides he is twice as old as I am…..). Mark also moved in today and came with to pick me up after work. They had already done a few cleaning projects – I'm excited to have him here helping us get everything cleaned and organized!
Thursday 8/7/08 – I had another ultrasound and doctors appointment this morning. The machine they are using really gives out a horrible image – it's not clear at all. So I got a picture of Clark's face – but it looks a lot more like an alien than the 20 week ultrasound on the good machine did. I was excited to bring in a picture to show around at work, but I think I will be keeping this picture to myself. Well just have to wait to see him when he is born and hope that that he does not look like an alien. The appointment was quick and painless this time. I forgot to write about my appointment last Thursday. Last week the ultrasound went fine, but Clark would not show us his face. But then the stress test room was taken so I had to lay on the doctors table with this machine hooked up to me – only it did not work that well so I had to press one of the hookups against my belly for about 30 minutes (normally this hookup picks up the heartbeat without having to be held down). I was pretty sore after that and my feet swelled up. And then I had to wait about 20 minutes after that was over to see my doctor and to only have her measure my tummy. I am glad today went better and I was able to sit in the nice comfortable recliner for the stress test. I also picked up a free diaper bag and when I got back to the office I opened it up and found all kinds of free samples and goodies, so that made my day. After work Lijah and I spent some time cleaning up the nursery and drawing on a dry erase board. I drew a really cute bunny and Lijah drew some pretty good O's.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment