Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5/30/08-6/2/08

5/30/08 - I took today off of work and got my hair cut by Erika Kunzler - we traded a haircut for some photography services. We are also going to do the tips of my hair with black henna, but it did not come into the store on time. Then during Lijah's nap I went shopping. What a difference it makes shopping without Lijah. I was able to really look and not have to deal with him being cranky the whole shopping trip. I got some new sandals and a maternity shirt from Kohl's, some Urban Decay 'midnight cowboy rides again' eyeshadow from Sephora, and a few much needed bras. I was starving so I picked up some Taco Bell on the way home.
5/31/08 - Lijah and I went for a walk in his wagon with our neighbor Margaret in the morning and he was a perfect little angel. Lately he has been really trying to show us that he is entering the terrible two's. He refuses to eat but says he is hungry, and then refuses to eat anything we offer him. So we bring him to the fridge to let him pick out what he wants, and he does, but then when he goes to eat it he yells 'no' and pushes it away. Meanwhile he is so cranky because he is so hungry that he cannot even think straight! So we have had alot of Lijah flopping around on the floor like a fish, screaming and kicking, all day and all evening. Good thing I have alot of nerves left for him to wear out!
6/1/08 - This morning before church Lijah had pancakes for breakfast - he loves to pour the syrup on himself and compare his pancakes to the pancakes on the syrup bottle (thankfully he will eat something if he can compare it to a picture while eating it....). Anyways, I turned around to eat my own breakfast and somehow Lijah got syrup all over his hands and rubbed it all over in his hair! We had to leave for church in about 20 minutes and there was no time for a bath so I wet down his hair and combed it out. When we got to church the poor boys hair still looked wet! The water did nothing but make his hair hard and look like I put a bottle of gel in it! After church I decided to give myself a manicure and pedicure while sitting out on the back deck while Lijah was asleep. Both Lijah and Jason were taking naps so, as Jason put it, it was kindof like I was single again with no kids. It was fun for the few hours it lasted, but I was happy to see my family again when they woke up. Then Lijah had a bath, got in his PJ's and we took another wagon ride around the neightborhood.
6/2/08 - I had a doctors appointment this morning, a quick one. We listened to the baby's heartbeat and it was strong (150 bpm). He was moving around so much we kept losing the heartbeat and he kept kicking the microphone - it seems to me that he is a bit more active than Lijah was. I talked to the doctor about inducing my labor as well because I want to do anything possible to avoid being induced this time. She said that she also wanted to avoid it if at all possible. She would like for me to naturally go into labor, but if I go too far over my due date my chances for a vaginal labor would be slim and we would just opt to do a c-section then. Whew! We decided on a name for the little boy as well - it will be Clark Capel Willoughby.

No comments: