Wednesday, June 18, 2008
6/17/08
6/17/08 - Today my old manager, Karen Gonsior, treated me to lunch at Hell's Kitchen. I have really been craving their porridge so I was very excited to go! I ended up getting a cup of porridge and their lemon ricotta hotcakes. They advised both in the menu and by the server to try them first without adding syrup or butter, and I did, and they were good…..but they were even better when I loaded them with all the fixins. There was butter, maple syrup, orange marmalade syrup, berry syrup, and homemade peanut butter. It was not until the end that I realized that the hotcakes with the berry jam, maple syrup, and peanut butter was the best combination. It may be that I am pregnant and this is why it was so good….but who knows….. When I left I felt pleasantly full but about a half hour later I was so stuffed that I could not handle it – and it turned into a sleepy food coma. By the time I left work I still felt like I had just eaten a huge meal and was still stuffed!!!!! After work Lijah and I went for a short wagon ride. There has been water leaking out of the middle of the street on the next block for almost a week and they came to fix it. There was a big digger in the middle of the road so Lijah and I walked down there to take a look. Just like in his 'Diggers' book, it had big strong arms and teeth on its big scoop – he loved it. We were almost a block away and he was still waving and saying 'bye' to it. He also likes to say 'bye' to the airplanes when they leave his view in the sky….. Then after our walk we played in the backyard again, laid in the grass, and waved our hands in the air again likes the leaves on the trees. Lijah also decided to throw all of the croquet balls into the perennial gardens – they are so thick that those balls just may be lost now….. Then we went on and watched The Wonderpets which came in the mail from Netflix today, played upstairs, and went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment