5/23/08 - I took today off of work and had a full agenda planned. First, when I woke up and picked up the laptop I somehow broke the chillpad we use to keep it cool so I had to go to Best Buy before anything to replace it. There went $60 down the tube! Then a friend from work was going to have a garage sale and offered us some 24 month clotes for free for Lijah so I drove down to her house in South Minneapolis (close to Southtown Mall). Lijah was pretty shy while we were there but found some toy cars she was getting rid of and got to take some of them home. Another friend at work had told me about a consignment maternity store, Nine. It was close to where I was at so I managed to parallel park our car and make my way to the store - only to find out that they don't carry XL maternity clothes - so I got mad and walked out. Then I was in the mood for maternity clothes so on my way back north I stopped by the ghetto KMart on Lake Street and was pleasantly surprised that it was not quite as ghetto as it was when we lived near there - but they had one rack of frumpy maternity clothes. So I got some potato chips, some clothes for Lijah, and diapers and headed home. Jason had caught up with an old friend from Duluth and wanted to go up and see him - so he did - then his 'friend' flaked on him so he came home late at night.
5/24/08 - When Lijah and I woke up we went for a nice long walk in his wagon looking for garage sales. We managed to find one up on a very steep hill (I sure got my workout!) and found a small lasagna pan that I have been wanting, but not wanting to pay $10 for. After Lijah's nap we went to the Coon Rapids Dam with Jason's mom, sister, and nephew Dylan. It was quite a walk to the dam and Lijah would not walk himself so Jason and I had to carry him the whole way. We saw a vulture, and it was very ugly, luckily it did not eat us. I had never been to the dam before - it was pretty cool. Lijah said 'woah' and 'wow' alot when we looked over at the rushing water.
5/25/08 - Today was my first day out of the Nursery at church - they called a new nursery leader to replace me. It was so refreshing to go to scripture study and Relief Society again and get to talk about the scriptures and other spiritual things. I was really at a point where I needed this again after being in the nursery every Sunday for over the past two years. We didn't do much the rest of the day - watched Ice Age 2 and lazed around the house.
5/26/08 - Today we had our friends the Rawhousers and their kids over (and Monica's brother from Las Vegas). I mowed the lawn and we cleaned up the back yard really good. We had all kinds of food: Black bean burgers, bison burgers (yuck!), veal patties (yuck!), bratwurst (yuck!), orzo pasta salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, pasta with red sauce, chips, potatoes, a keg of root beer, and chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. It got pretty cold outside while we were eating and had to head indoors to avoid frostbite - but it was a good time!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment