Monday, June 16, 2008

6/12/08-6/15/08

6/12/08 - After work Lijah and I got out the craft box and made a nice crown with glitter and sequins. However, Lijah will not wear it..... We also made a 'healthy' peanut butter fudge recipe that had just peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk. It was a bit too healthy tasting so I added in a handful of sugar and it was delicious! In the middle of the night I heard a big bang and then Lijah crying. He must have hit his arm on his bed or something..... But he wouldnot stop crying so I went into his room, figuring I would have to bring him back to my bed. But all he needed was a kiss and to be tucked in again and he was good to go! That's a first.....
6/13/08 - After work Lijah and I went for a wagon ride and watered the garden. The garden does not seem to be growing as well this year, but that probably has to do with the weeks of rain and little sun we've had. I am not as obsessed with the garden this year - I just hope to get some tomatoes out of it, and maybe some peas.
6/14/08 - Today we went to the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St Paul. It's an old train yard with a museum. As soon as we got out of the car Lijah saw some trains and an old 1950's Greyhound bus. he started yelling 'woah, woah' and waiving his hands in the air as he ran towards the museum. Inside the museum they had some refinished train cars from the olden days that you could walk through, some running model train setups, and a kids play area with tables and toy trains. Then when you get to the back of the museum there is an outside area with the roundhouse, ore trains (including a really cool snow plow), and a caboose ride. So we hopped on the caboose (it was just the engine and the caboose) and went for a ride back and forth along the tracks. Lijah got a real kick out of this. Everytime the train would stop to go the other direction he would sign 'more, more' and then would get excited when we started moving again. But when we were done and he realized we were getting off he was pretty sad and frantically signed 'more, more'. He would have rode that train all day long if we let him! We had planned on going to Choo-Choo Bob's train store but it was too close to his nap so we're saving that adventure for another day. Instead we loaded up on train goods for his birthday presents at the museum and went home. Then after his nap there was an Elders Quorum activity for church. Some families from our ward got together at Lauderdale Park - they guys played volleyball and most of the wives played with the kids at the playground. It was a good time - Lijah especially liked going down the slides all by himself!
6/15/08 - It's Lijah's birthday today! First we went to church and Lijah was a very well behaved little boy. I have started to wonder if he is being extra sweet lately and giving lots of kisses because when 7:49pm hits tonight he is entering the terrible two's and wants to give a little 'goodbye love'. During Lijah's nap I baked his cake - I ended up making a pink train cake an engine, train cars, and a caboose (I wasn't thinking about the pink frosting when I bought it, I just saw cherry frosting and thought that would be tasty. But as I was frosting the cake I thought to myself, "Am I really making my little boy a pink train cake?!?!"). Then we filled the living room with helium balloons with all the ribbons hanging down for him to grab. When he woke up I stayed downstairs with the video camera while Jason got him up. Then right before he came down I also turned on the new bubble creator machine - so the living room was filled with balloons and bubbles. We fully expected him to run into the livingroom in pure happiness and joy.... However, Lijah would not leave Jason's arms because he was scared of the noise coming from the living room. Then he finally got the courage to enter the room, only to yell 'no' and run back to daddy's arms about 2 seconds later. Oh well, at least we get a A for effort as parents. At about 5pm our friends Nathan and Becca Robison came over. Jason and Nathan went to visit with a family from church that lives down the street while we waited for Jason's mom and little sister to come over. Then we opened some presents for Lijah (turns out they were all train-themed). He're what Lijah got for his birthday: (from mom and dad) 2 trains, 2 train whistles, a little wooden train set to paint, some foam capsule train things that pop open when you put them in watter, a train puzzle, 2 train books, and 3 new shirts. (from Grandma Cherie) a pump and go Thomas the Train toy, train pajamas, and an outfit. (from Grandma and Grandpa Sherry) an outfit. We had burgers and brats (both meat and veggie), potato salad, corn on the cob, broccoli, new potatoes, and rice pudding. Then we ate outside and chatted for awhile while Abbie and Lijah played in his wagon in the back yard. Then Cherie started pullig Lijah and Abbie in the wagon and they both had their hands in the air yelling 'wheeeee'. Then we wrapped up with cake and ice cream and singing happy birthday to Lijah. In the middle of the night Lijah woke up (nightmares?) so I went into his room expecting to give kisses and tuck him in again. But right away he made his bed (he does this by pushing all of his blankets over to the side of the bed), hopped in my arms, made a pouty face (a real good one too!), and pointed to my bedroom. I knew there was no getting him back in his own bed, so off we went. Lijah turns into more and more of a bed hog each time he sleeps with me! It's especially hard now that I cannot sleep on my back anymore because I'm pregnant!

No comments: