Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6/3/08-6/9/08

6/3/08 – Tonight was Abbie's 5th grade graduation dinner at her school. Jason, Lijah, and I got there just in time at 6pm – Cherie, Dan, Angie, Dylan, Alyssa, and Zachary were also there. They were serving pork sandwiched from Famous Dave's but they also had a vegetarian option of pasta salad with a hummus wrap (it was GOOD!). Lijah enjoyed jumping on the table and cheering and clapping when everyone else cheered and clapped as they announced the 'graduates' names. I held baby Zachary most of the night. I only have seen him once, and that was when Angie was still in the hospital – so I wanted to get as much of him as I could. I was surprised at how good Lijah was, I had figured he would get really clingy with me holding the baby….
6/4/08 – Today at work my team had a going away potluck for me. Since I am a vegetarian they brought in all kinds of vegetarian delights! Fake meatballs in barbeque sauce, veggie turkey roll-ups, chick'n nuggets, kinds of desserts, and a lot of other good stuff! I was more than stuffed and it was great! I usually don't get to really eat much at potlucks so this was indeed a great one!
6/5/08 – At work we had our last Senior EC/Managers meeting and they surprised me with an ice cream cake (yum!). It was so frozen that poor Anthony had a really hard time cutting it and spent most of the meeting chipping away at it. After the meeting I shared the rest of the leftovers with my team. It was my last day as an enrollment counselor as well and it sure felt good to have the slate wiped clean and not have to worry about making sales anymore.
6/6/08 – I took today off of work. In the morning Lijah and I went to pick up my black henna from the co-op. I am either going to put tiny black streaks in my hair or do the tips in black – not sure yet…..Lijah and I also went to a new thrift store in St Anthony, but I was not too impressed with it – and to an estate sale. While Lijah was napping I went to Ax-Man to get some boxes so we can organize the garage. They did not have what I needed so I went over to UPS since they were having a moving box sale and picked some up (boxes are expensive!!). When I got home Lijah was still napping so we went through a bunch of junk in the garage and decided if we needed to keep it, sell it, or throw it.
6/7/08 – Today I went to the Temple and it was great! After Lijah's nap we decided to go rent some movies. I got The Water Horse, I can't remember what Jason got, and Lijah got Thomas the Train and a Hello Kitty movies. On the way home we decided to go check out the Columbia Park Picnic Area so Lijah could go to the park and let off some energy. He was pretty shy at first because it was a new park, so we decided to just go, but then he started running through the field and started having a good time. Lately, Lijah does not like the swings at the park by our house. Jason some grown-up swings and put Lijah up on it (I have been too scared to do this myself) – and he LOVED it! So I guess he likes swinging still, he just did not like the baby swing anymore.
6/8/08 – After church today we went for a walk with the wagon and that's pretty much all we did.
6/9/08 – I started my new job as a Business Analyst today at Capella University. We went over so much information and it all sounded like Greek to me, but it will all make sense soon. When I was interviewing for this job, HR advised me not to disclose that I was pregnant. I guess if I wasn't hired they would fear me claiming discrimination because I was pregnant. They said that if the manager decided to offer me the job they would disclose this information to him. Well, they didn't and I had to. I had been dreading this conversation since I found out that he did not know…. But it actually went a lot better than I had expected. He wanted to know the details of when and how long my leave was – but he congratulated me and said that we would work around it. What a relief! If he had any ill feelings he sure put on a good game face when we were talking. I got off a bit early so we went grocery shopping and then went for another wagon ride, which of course Lijah loved as always….. When we were winding down for the night I was hanging out with Lijah on the couch and he kept attacking me with his tongue stick out – like he was trying to lick me to death. The more I screamed or laughed, the more worked up he got – it was hilarious.

No comments: