Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5/10/08-5/14/08

5/10/08 - Today was my day I had planned for gardening but it ended up raining all day! I got up and went to a rummage sale up at church and found a few good things: a horse rocker, a kitty blanket, some baked goods, and a little car for Lijah. Then I thought I would call Celya since she had some plants for me - so I headed over to her house and got some kale, broccoli, and parsley plants. As soon as I got home it started raining. I decided to soak my peas and beans (seeds) thinking that it would stop raining and I could plant them that evening, but it only rained harder and harder as the day went on. So we pretty much veg'd out in the house all day.
5/11/08 - Went to church - in the nursery we had a great lesson for the kids on being thankful that they have bodies. We brought in butcher paper and had the kids lay on it so we could trace them. They turned out pretty funny, but cute. Then after church I had to get those soaking seeds in the ground so I planted them, along with the broccoli, my other herbs - parsley, basil, oregano,a dn a few others, and the kale (all can handle colder weather). Lijah also helped a bit when he got up from his nap - well, he never actually took a nap, he just sat in his room and cried....so I guess when I gave up on him taking a nap. While we were outside I sat down and saw a dandilion plant in the yard so I got the hand shovel and popped it out. Well, then I saw another, and another. Pretty soon I had popped out about 20-30 plants and there were still even more! It's amazing what you miss that is right under your eyes! I never even notices that there were that many dandilion plants! When Jason got up from his nap we went over to Cherie's house and hung out for awhile.....
5/14/08 - I fould out officially today that I got the job I was applying for at work as a Business Analyst! I start on June 9th!

No comments: