Friday, October 16, 2009

9/28/09-10/4/09

Monday 9/28/09 – Last night Lijah woke up and he had peed in his bed. I had no idea where a clean sheet was so I let him just sleep in my bed for the night. A few hours later I hear a trickling noise and think "oh no, he did not just…." And sure enough, he woke up because he had peed in MY bed. His own bed has a plastic mattress, but mine unfortunately does not. When he woke up this morning the first thing he said was "be nice to mommy". This was refreshing because I often hear "mean to mommy" when he is mad at me. Lijah has been going through an "I want mommy" phase and Clark is also becoming more and more clingy. There is nothing more annoying to me right now than having Lijah sitting right on my lap whining because he "wants mommy". I don't know how much more he can have of mommy at that point and there is nothing I can do to calm him down. The ride into work this morning was the worst ever. It was cold and windier than I have ever experienced. It was quite a workout and I was out of breath when I got to work – similar to when I started riding in. When I got home both boys were sleeping so I cooked up some bok choy and a pot of soup.

Tuesday 9/29/09 – Again last night, Lijah peed in his bed. This time I came prepared with a fresh sheet and I made him stay in his room. The ride to work was pretty cold today and I could not find my gloves anywhere. So during work I ran to Target to get some cheap gloves and some knee highs for my ride in.

Wednesday 9/30/09 – I've had a bit of a couch the past few days, caught it from the boys. Today in a meeting I started coughing and had to walk out. It was a meeting I was leading and I was in the middle of going over a document when I suddenly could not stop coughing. I had to run out and hope that someone else would take over, which thankfully they did. For the rest of the day I had to drink hot tea to keep from choking and coughing.

Thursday 10/1/09 – Sara Vierling (from work) and I went down to the farmers market today. It was cold and windy. I got some thai eggplant, broccoli, red peppers, and rhubarb. My throat was hurting today a lot and when I got home from work I ended up feeling really sick. I rode my bike and on the way home I felt like I might not make it…but I did.

Friday 10/2/09 – Stayed home from work today since I am not feeling well and it's a good thing because Jason woke up sick now too. I was up all night coughing but felt better after waking up. Since I was feeling a bit better Lijah and I went to Dots, Once Upon a Child, and the pet store while Clark napped. Lijah needed some pajamas and he said he wanted ones like Clark has. When we got to Once Upon a Child they only had one pair of pajamas that fit him, and they were the exact ones that Clark has! Lijah was excited! When we got home I made some apple-rhubarb bread. Clark and Lijah had fun crawling on the floor dragging their heads and running into the wall because they could not see where they were crawling. I was lucky to get some of this on video.

Saturday 10/3/09 – Today was General Conference. Before it started I did the dishes, swept, and vacuumed since Jason is sick still. We also ran to the library in the morning. I thought I was not sick anymore but I started having a coughing fit while in the library. So I drug the kids outside and coughed up a storm while people walking by looked at me like I was a hot mess (and I was). While I was watching conference and Clark was sleeping I knitted some green legwarmers for Astrid. During the break I made some tomato risotto with my tomatoes from the farm. I was telling Lijah who the speakers were as they spoke during conference. Then he started insisting that everyone speaking was Thomas Monson. Even the flowers and the women were 'Thomas Monson'! Then when Thomas Monson spoke I told Lijah that Thomas Monson was speaking, to which he replied "No, He's Choo Choo Train". For dinner I made up some roasted potatoes and a fake rib patty thing Jason bought me awhile back. It was delicious!

Sunday 10/4/09 – Today was the second day of General Conference. During the break, and while Clark slept, Lijah and I went for a walk around the block twice (I walked, he rode his bike). It was kind of cold out, but it was good to get some fresh air – and to have some alone time with Lijah. We saw a car drive by that was painted like a Vikings helmet. Lijah said "That's a crazy car. It makes me happy! It makes me really happy!" and continued riding his bike. On another note, we had watched a show awhile back called Obsessed and there was a woman obsessed with seeing visions of dogs suffering. So they made her go to the pound to see some dogs in cages. Since then, Lijah has been telling us that he is going to "put us in a cage" when he is mad at us. He gets in trouble for talking like this so he has decided to get crafty. Now instead of saying "I'm going to put you in a cage mommy" he says "Some people are going to put you in a cage mommy". Clever little boy…..but he still gets in trouble for this as well.

No comments: