Saturday 8/29/09 - Headed to the Pierre Bottineau library in the morning with both of the boys, but our trip was very short since both of the kids were sick. It was too cold to even play in the fountain outside this time. Then we decided to get ice cream cones at the McDonald's drive through, like we normally do after the library now. I gave Lijah his cone, grabbed mine, and drove off and proceeded to take a big lick from the cone. With that first lick the ice cream toppled off onto my lap. Luckily I was still in the parking lot and was able to pull over and manage to stick the ice cream back on the cone without too much difficulty. We were planning on going to Jasmine's birthday party out in Buffalo, but then Jason woke up really sick as well so we all had to stay home. I was pretty bummed, and was looking forward to going. I talked to my dad and they even had a hay ride and everything set up. So we hung out at home the rest of the day, besides my running to the store while Clark napped to get Jason some stuff to make him feel better.
Sunday 8/30/09 - Jason was feeling a bit better today but both kids were sick so I had to stay home from church again today.
Monday 8/31/09 - Today had to be one of the worst days at work and I was totally stressed out. When I got home I decided to watch the show 16 & Pregnant that Jason had told me about the other day. He said that it would probably make me cry and today was a day I could use a good cry. It was about a teenager who was pregnant and decided to give her baby up for adoption. I cried the entire time. Then I put on some calm music and just hung out with the kids.
Tuesday 9/1/09 - Jason woke up horribly sick and I had too much to do at work to call in sick, so I managed to work at home while watching both boys. Can't say it was a great day, but we made it work. The best parts were being able to cook up a big pot of soup and going outside to swing Lijah in circles in the yard while taking breaks from work. The other day Lijah started doing something that freaks me out. He puts on his angry face and walks back and forth in front of me - he looks like a mad man. He also did have a toy he was swinging when he did it, but we quickly nipped that in the bud. Seriously, it makes me imagine him as a 'bad guy' - it's funny but disturbing at the same time.
Thursday 9/3/09 - Went to the farmers market downtown and got roma tomatoes, a yellow pepper, a red pepper, and some chinese spinach (malabar spinach) - all for $4. I overheard another customer saying how good the malabar spinach was it is and it was only a buck for a huge bunch of it. Then I brought it back to work and looked it up online, and I found that it tends to get slimy like okra. I ate a leaf and definately felt the slime in my mouth, so I thought I would end up wasting it since I am not big on eating slimy stuff. But then I had an idea to dehydrate it and now I have wonderful non-slimy spinach powder to add to breads, soups, etc... When I got home from work Lijah and I ran to get the veggies from the CSA dropoff. Each week I get a little bit more disappointed with what we get and the quality of what we get. I found a new show online to watch called 30 days - it is written by Morgan Spurlock (the guy who did Fast Food Nation). They take someone and put them in someone elses shoes for 30 days (like a hunter in an animal rights family, or a guy whose job was outsourced to India lived in India in an outsourced job).
Saturday 9/5/09 – Today Jason and I went to clean the church. Grandma and Abbie came over to watch the kids while we were away. Jason's calling at church is to organize the building cleaning schedule and coordinate which families come in during the month to complete the cleaning tasks. Well, he procrastinated a bit and did not set up any families (usually 4 families each time) so we went in and got to do it all ourselves. I vacuumed the whole building while Jason did most of the rest and we actually finished in about the amount of time it previously took us with other families helping. Cherie brought over a bag of clothes from Angie for Lijah and Clark. While Clark was napping Lijah and I went up to Target to get a few things. Most of the time when we go to Target Lijah falls asleep on the way there, and other times he looks like he is falling asleep and when I ask him if he is falling asleep he just says "no mommy….just relaxin'", but he did not fall asleep today.
Sunday 9/6/09 - We all got to go to church today and Clark was actually a good boy this time. During second hour I have found that I can go into the gym and have Clark run around and still hear the lesson being taught up on the stage (behind the curtain). I can't participate because I am hidden behind the curtain, but at least I can still hear the lesson. Today Clark at the end of 2nd hour and most of 3rd hour so it was refreshing….. Jason also got a compliment from the bishopric about how clean the church was today so we must have done an ok job yesterday.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment