Monday, March 10, 2008

3/6/08-3/10/08

3/6/08 - I got The Pursuit of Happyness in the mail today and decided to watch it. I am not sure if this is the typical response to the movie, but I cried throughout the WHOLE thing (maybe it is just the emotional pregnant lady syndrome I have right now). Jason thought I was crazy because my eyes were all bloodshot and I looked a mess by the time it was over. I wanted to stop it so many times because I just couldn't handle how sad it was - but I had to keep going because I knew it would be a happy ending (and I couldn't go to bed before being uplifted...). So many days I just go through life and not acknowledge all of the blessings that I have in my life - but this movie really helped to open my eyes.....
3/7/08 - I took today off of work so I could get a bunch of errands done before Jason left to go up to Duluth for the weekend - he is staying with his Aunt Mary. I went to Brookdale and Kohls in search of maternity clothes. I got some of my old clothes back from Angie but they were too big - I guess that is good since it means that I am a size smaller than the last time I was pregnant - but my clothes now are getting too tight! I found some pants and a shirt at Kohls. Then at Sears I found 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and a skirt (all on clearance!). I went to the lame food court at Brookdale then because I was starving and they had almost zero choices for me, so I got a baked potato - which wan't all the way cooked, and tried my best to get it down without barfing. Then as my last stop I went to Big Harry Deals, which sells damaged toys. There was a Cars ramp thingy that was marked down to $5 because the cars were missing, but there were some matchbox cars there that worked just as well. Then I was off to the grocery store.....
3/8/08 - I asked Rossi to come over for a play date since I was cooped up for the weekend. She and Astrid came over and made some crafts out of our big craft box. We had a good time..... After Lijah's nap we cleaned the bedrooms upstairs and played on the bed for awhile. We were just lazy today and bummed around. There was a good movie on TV - MXP, Most Extreme Primate - about a monkey that learned to snowboard. Lijah loved it!
3/9/08 - More bumming around in our pajamas today - then Jason got home at about 4pm and brought a box full of treats from Toby's in Hinckley, MN (on the way home from Duluth). He hooked up the laptop to the TV and started a movie for us from Netflix online - it was Kermit the Frog: The swamp years. Lijah liked it for about the first half, but then ran off to play.
3/10/08 - Took the bus into work today because Jason was feeling a bit sick this morning. I walked out the door in my new skirt and halfway down the block realized that the skirt kept rising up on me. I turned around to go home and change but then it seemed fine, so I turned back around - and then it kept rising again - so I ran home, threw on my new jeans and left again for the bus stop. Jason called a few minutes later thinking I was at the bus stop still just to see what Lijah's sleep schedule was like last night - but I was already on the bus and down by Walgreens. I was making great time! Right after I hung up the bus driver called the woman next to me up to the front of the bus and talked with her. When she came back she told the man who was with her that the bus driver had called an ambulance. The man had a big bandage on his chin and was shaking. So we sat and waited for the ambulance to come - and all of the emergency guys came up on the bus. They said that he had taken too much oxygen or something and that he would probably pass out soon. They took him off the bus and into the ambulance. Needless to say, I was 30 minutes late for work..... What's unfortunate, for that guy, is that the ambulance did not ruch him there - so the ambulance pretty rode alongside the bus all the way downtown anyways.....

No comments: