Wednesday, March 19, 2008
3/18/08
3/18/08 - Got off work an hour early so I could make it to the Relief Society birthday dinner at church. We had a dinner of appetizers and some dessert - I had some deviled eggs (I only give in to eggs when I'm pregnant), some bruschetta, stuffed tomatoes, and then dessert. Then Dezra Helgeson and her sister Elory sang a song with Kendra Hernandez playing piano, and a few people bore their testimonies of relief society. After that we had a white elephant gift exchange - I ended up with a paper fish lantern that I hung up in Lijah's room when we got home. There was also a giveaway table where I made out with tons of loot! I got a few blankets, some yarn, a winter jacket for Lijah next year, 9 Blue's Clues videos and a few other movies, 3 square glass casserole dishes with lids, a bunch of new matchbox cars and a dinosaur for Lijah, a few kids books, and a low-carb cookbook (in case I get diabetes again). Lijah also had a great time in the playroom with all of the other kids. When I went to pick him up his cheeks were bright red from playing so hard and he was going 'vroom vroom' with the vaccuum cleaner and didn't want to leave. Lijah was so excited from a night of playing that it was almost impossible to put him to bed....Jason ended up having to come put him to bed...but then of course he woke up again at 12:30am so I grabbed him and brought him to bed with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment