Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3/11/08-3/15/08

3/11/08 - It's Jason's birthday! I got off work early and we headed over to La Casita in Columbia Heights (thanks to our 2-for-1 dinner coupon!). Lijah decided he wanted to sit in the booth with us rather than the high chair, so we let him sit at the table and play with his new matchbox cars. Jason had the seafood enchiladas, I had the veggie cream cheese burrito, and Lijah had alot of lemonade but not much to eat.
3/14/08 - We were going to go out to dinner with Jason's family for his birthday but Jason didn't feel well so we went and got some groceries and stayed in. Lijah and I watched Dan in Real Life and of course I cried. I loved that movie.....
3/15/08 - Lijah and I went to the thrift store to find some rain boots and a rain jacket. I thought I would try something different and went to the Unique Thrift Store in Crystal. I got some great finds - the rain boots and rain jacket of course, a set of 5 felt boards with all kinds of felt pieces (for storytelling), a few movies and books for Lijah, the book From Good to Great - I have been wanting to read this for awhile now, some pants for Lijah - much needed since most of his are becoming highwaters, a music book for children's music for the flute, and a magazine for Jason. Then we went to KMart to get cat litter, and you know you can't run in the store for just one thing....and we ended up with 2 new pairs of pajamas and a shirt (clearance) for Lijah, a kids watering can so Lijah can help me in the garden, new play dough, and the cat litter. After Lijah's nap we did end up going to Little T's with Jason's family. I ate too much as usual and Lijah ate too little as usual (table scraps of shredded cheese and french fries). When we left there were some fire trucks driving by so I held Lijah up high so he could wave when the truck went by. One of the firefighters in the back of the truck waved back at Lijah - it was wonderful!

No comments: