Friday, August 28, 2009

8/17/09 - 8/23/09

Monday 8/17/09 – When I woke up this morning I had a headache, but didn't really think anything of it. Then I had breakfast and started to get really nauseous and wanted to throw up everything I ate, then I knew it was a migraine. I was dreading going into work, but I had so much to get done that I didn't see how I could not go into work. Then Jason woke up and came upstairs and was really sick, so I was forced to stay home. This was probably a good thing because going to work would have made my migraine much much worse. At about noon I started to feel a bit better so I made the most of the rest of the day and headed to the library and thrift store with the boys. Lijah got a suit for church for $4 at the thrift store! He also got a huge dump truck to play with in the back yard.

Thursday 8/20/09 – Raining in the morning so I bussed to work. I really wanted to stop at the farmers market but my PIN was not working on my card. I went to Wells Fargo but since I lost my current license and only had an expired one on me they could not help me. I managed to scrounge up a dollar in change and went to see what I could fine. I managed to find a big bunch of baby eggplants for a buck so I bought them.

Friday 8/21/09 – It was raining again so I had to bus to work. I was standing at the bus stop when I noticed a car backing up in front of where I was standing. I didn't think too much of it until the car started honking, then I thought "uh oh, who is this weirdo". I looked in and it was Todd Tarvin from work, and he was offering to give me a ride to work. It was great! We don't get to talk too much outside of work so it was nice to chat with him. What a coincidence that he happened to pass me at just the right time.

Saturday 8/22/09 – Went to the Pierre Bottineau library with the boys. When we were doe I let them both play in the fountain and they both got soaked. Clark loves the water and will run right up to the fountain, but then when he realizes that he is 'in' the fountain and getting doused with water he gets freaked out. So I take him out and he runs right back in. Silly boy. After Clark's nap we went to maw-maw's house for taco salad. We ate out on the deck and created a big playpen out of the deck so I could eat in peace and Clark could not get into anything. It was great to just be able to sit and eat and talk without chasing after him every second.

Sunday 8/23/09 – Stayed home from church today. Jason did not feel well and with the mood the kids were in, I was in no mood to handle them alone. So we played in the backyard in the pool, rode Lijah's bike around while Clark napped, and went to a 'party' down the block. The 'party' was a guy's garage sale that turned into a free sale. Since everything was free we though it was ok to go free shopping on a Sunday. Lijah got an obnoxious Christmas train light up decoration and a captain's hat, and a blow up smiley face ball. Later that day Lijah pushed Clark down on purpose so I sent him up to his room and had a little quiet one-on-one time with Clark. I decided to make potato and eggplant curry with the eggplants I got on Thursday and also made flaxseed pumpkin bread. Both were delicious!

No comments: