Friday, August 28, 2009

7/30/09 - 8/2/09

Thursday 7/30/09 - Biked to work. Last night while I was sleeping I woke up to hearing a knocking on my headboard. I was sure it was Jason, but no one was there. Freaky..... When I was riding up to our house I saw Becca Robison outside with Jason and Lijah dropping off our veggies. This week we got: Norland red potatoes, Walla Walla onion, zucchini, cucumber, cabbage (the last of it!), kohlrabi, green and yellow beans, a big white turnip, basil, and dill. I decided to make some soup with some of the potatoes, beans, onion, basil, dill, zucchini, along with garlic, salt/pepper, and broth – it was really yummy. We were supposed to have a company picnic today but it got canceled because of the "weather". There was only a 30% chance of thunderstorms, and the picnic area had a huge pavilion and indoor area. They said it was for our "safety". So they catered lunch in and we ate inside while the sun shone outside for the whole day. My boss decided to invite everyone to a happy hour at 3pm since we were not getting a half day but I did not go with them. They dawdled and dawdled and finally left the office at 3:30. I wanted to go home, but did not want to take off before my boss so I waited patiently until they left so that I could leave. Lijah and I played outside while Clark napped when I got home. We took sticks and dug the dirt out from the sidewalk cracks and watched the ants come storming out at us. Then Lijah decided that he had to pee, took off his pants in the front yard, and proceeded to run around the yard naked before I finally corralled him into the back yard.

Friday 7/31/09 – Biked to work. We were going to go to the Villagefest parade tonight, but decided against it. So we played outside instead. I was talking with the neighbor across the street and he mentioned the new neighbors that moved into the apartments on the corner. He said that he thinks they are cooking drugs and selling them over there. Then when I thought about it, it has looked a bit suspicious the last few weeks since they moved in. A lot more cars stopping by briefly, and when I ride past the place on the way home the woman is always outside on the phone and she looks like a meth-head. The neighbor has been looking up their license plates and most have drug histories. Hopefully we can run them out of the neighborhood quickly. The whole block is happy little families so I am sure that this will not be tolerated for long. So now when I bring the boys outside we say a little prayer first for safety, just in case the people down there decide to go crazy.

Saturday 8/1/09 – We were going to head over to the Villagefest carnival in the parking lot of the St Anthony library but I decided not to. Clark has been cranky and it was a bit cold out, so I let Clark take his normal nap while Lijah and I hung out in the yard and then we went to the Pierre Bottineau library instead. It was the first time venturing out to the library without a diaper and Lijah did a great job. He proudly announced in the library that he had to pee – so I dropped everything and ran with him to the bathroom. After the library I let Lijah play in the fountain in front of the library. He splashed and got soaking wet. Then he said again that he had to pee. I figured that he probably went in his pants since he was all wet from the fountain, but he didn't. He waited until we got to the car while I was putting on dry clothes, and then went in the parking lot. He was pretty excited about the pee rolling down the slanted parking lot, while I tried to not make a scene of my letting him pee in the parking lot. When Clark took his second nap Lijah and I went outside to pick weeds out of the garden and then I mowed the back lawn (or should I say, the back wildflower/weed area). In one patch of flowers I found a big vine that looked a lot like a squash. So I cleared out everything around it and put it up on a trellis. It has pink flowers, but I cannot find anywhere online what it is. Hopefully it will bear some fruit so I can eventually find out the mystery.

Sunday 8/2/09 – Jason was not feeling well this morning so I took the boys to church. Jason promised Lijah that if he was really good at church he could go play in the garage with daddy and find some surprises when he got home. I was so thankful for that because Lijah ended up being really good. He got an eyelash in his eye and started crying and then announced that he had to pee in front of everyone, but besides that it went pretty well. I bore my testimony in Relief Society about listening for promptings and acting on them. I have been lazy at reading my scriptures before bed lately but the other night I was prompted to pick them up again. When I finished my chapter Jason walked in and asked a question about something and the chapter I had just read in the scriptures had the exact answer he was looking for. I would not have been able to help him if I had not listen and acted on that prompting. Then it happened again today. Last night I really wanted to read something 'fun' and mindless rather than my scriptures, but I read them. Then at church today what I had read really helped me understand a topic that was being taught and allowed me to join in the conversation. These are two more examples of being blessed by acting on a prompting to do something.

No comments: