Friday 4/24/09 – Rode into work today. It seemed like a faster ride this time, but it actually took longer. It was less windy, and I hit less stop lights so I am not sure what took longer….. On the way home it was really windy though. The up side to that was that I was not all hot and sweaty when I got home. When I pulled up to the house Jason was waiting for me. We had signed up to feed the missionaries at 5pm, and it was 4:05pm, and we had forgotten. It was too late to go to the store to get something to cook, so we ordered pizza. Lijah was excited that his friends came over and enjoyed the pizza, and Clark did everything in his power to try to get into everyone's pizza! Jason then ran out to Target and to Menards to get paint for the kitchen. The only instructions I gave him were, "Get a dark deep red color, and absolutely no burgundy". I jokingly said to him "Are you sure you'll get the right color? You know, you are color blind". And he then reminded me that he is only color blind with certain shades of green and blue, and that's he'd be fine. So off he went. When he came home he showed me the paint swatch of what he bought. It was burgundy. I thought he was kidding so I laughed and said, "Yeah right, ha ha…..where's the real color?". Jason was pretty frustrated at what had happened, and when he cooled off a bit he told me the story. He went to Menards and picked out a color. He brought it up to the paint lady and told her, "I am partially color blind and I need to get some dark red paint, but it can't be burgundy." He showed her the swatch he picked out, and she assured him that it was not burgundy. So the paint lady is either having a good laugh, she's color blind herself, or she needs some serious training. I pulled up some burgundy swatches on the computer because I thought maybe I was color blind, but sure enough the colors that were coming up were an exact match to the paint swatch. Jason also brought a remote control tarantula home for Lijah as a special surprise from Target and Lijah loved it.
Saturday 4/25/09 – This morning we went to the library and reminded Lijah that he had to be a good boy if he wanted to keep his new spider. I asked him what it means to be a good boy and he said "no run away from mommy" – and he didn't run away. He stayed right by my side and read books while I searched for some of my own books. We then headed down to the thrift store since they were having an anniversary sale. The whole store was 50% off and they had free snacks – Lijah enjoyed some pretzels. Lijah really scored on the toys this time – a leap pad, a speak-and-spell (from when I was little), new shoes, 2 trucks that come apart in pieces so he can build and rebuild them (should be fun if we can not loose the pieces), and a keyboard. Then we were off to WalMart to find a bike helmet for myself. I saw a bunch of cool ones there before, but then I realized that all the cool ones were for little kids and they only had dorky ones for adults. So I got a dorky helmet, but at least it is black. I also looked for a big floppy sun hat, but couldn't find one. I found one for Lijah though and he loves it.
Sunday 4/26/09 – It rained all day today. I'm excited to see all the green that will probably spring up from it later in the week. Our home teachers came over at 7:30pm. Lijah was again excited for 'friends' and even put some pants on for the occasion (although half-way though he did sneak upstairs to take them off). Then we enjoyed some ice cream before bed.
Monday 4/27/09 – Lijah is counting down the days until he gets to go see the choo-choo trains with Maw-Maw. Every day he talks about it so I think he will have a great time.
Tuesday 4/28/09 – Today at work I went on a little trip to Marshall's to see if I could find a few pieces of clothing. I didn't have any luck and I was wondering around looking at the junk before heading back to work, and then I saw it. A big display of sun hats! I found one that I love, and it was only $10. Then I found some cute monkey sandals for Clark, a box of maple cookies from Canada, and some peanut butter wafer sticks. I just searched through my journal history and found that I never wrote about what I found in backyard last fall, so here it goes….. To give some background, last year I tried my darndest to grow carrots in my front garden plot, but they just would not grow. I watered, and watered, and watered. I finally got some little stumps at the end of the year, but they were tiny and didn't taste good at all. At the same time the rest of the yard was so dry that it did not need to be mowed at all after about June. At the end of the summer I was in the furthest part of the backyard looking around at the plants back there and noticed something growing that was definitely not grass. I got down on the ground to get a closer look, and sure enough…..it was carrots! The whole back yard was full of carrots! Seriously, I'd say a fourth of the yard was covered with them. So I cannot get carrots to grow when I try to grow them, but they will spontaneously grow on their own. I never put carrot seeds down in the lawn, and the carrots did not grow the year before, so I am not sure where these carrots came from. The other day I went out to the back again and the whole lawn is dirt where the carrots were growing and now I am seeing more carrot tops popping up.
Friday 5/1/09 – A week or so ago Jason became a TPT member because they had Thomas the Train tickets for the $50 membership, and that was cheaper than buying the tickets themselves. The show is tomorrow and the tickets still were not here so I called TPT. Luckily I did because they said that the tickets were at the will-call window under Jason's name and he would have to be the one to pick them up. Since I called they were able to send over Cherie's name to the venue so she could pick them up. Lijah has become a bit obsessed with a tractor video lately and wants to watch it day and night. Luckily it is going back to the library tomorrow.
Saturday 5/2/09 – This morning Lijah and I went and raked the front lawn while Clark napped instead of going to the library (which means we didn't get rid of the tractor video…..). Lijah even helped me pick up the piles of leaves and put them in the garbage bag. He's a good little helper. I let him take out his little scooter thing and go back and forth on the sidewalk. He likes to test my limits sometimes though. I let him go down the sidewalk to about the end of each neighbors yard before he needs to turn around and come back. Like the other day when he had Clark in the wagon he took off. Only this time he was taking off while pushing himself on the scooter so he was not fast at all. But I still had to run after him, have a little talk with him, and we went back. Then he did it again! So I carried him back this time, took away his scooter, and made him sit in the porch while I finished up the yard. Then Clark got up so I brought him outside and laid in the lawn with him (Lijah was also allowed back outside at this point and was watering/flooding the flowers I am trying to get to grow in the front garden patch). When Lijah took his nap I quickly got ready for the wedding reception I was photographing out in Chaska and left. It took almost an hour each way, but Jason made me a mix CD for the car, so it wasn't so bad. The shoot went well and I got a nice tip ($225 for the shoot and $75 tip) so it was well worth my time. While I was out in Chaska, Grandma took Lijah to see the Thomas the Train show at the Target Center. After it was over they went to Angie's house to eat and Lijah had pancakes and scrambled eggs before coming home. Lijah ran into the house when he got home yelling choo-choo and running all around like crazy, he was pretty excited! It's a good thing grandma brought him because she bought him a light up toy, a t-shirt, and ice cream at the show. If it were us, we would have probably said "too bad" Lijah because the toy was $15 and the shirt $20. In the morning Jason called Target Center to see if the tickets were in his mom's name, and they weren't! So it's a good thing he called as well because if she would have shown up she would not have been able to pick up the tickets. So Jason had to write his mom a permission slip note to pick up the tickets. How funny is that?!?!
Sunday 5/3/09 – Today Jason taught a lesson at church on the gifts of the spirit during Sunday School and then during third hour we gave Clark his baby blessing. Lijah started out bring naughty when we were about to give the blessing in the bishop's office so I took him out and gave him a talking to, then he pouted in my lap during the blessing. I guess that's better than being rowdy….. The new Bishop Matthews, Hans Rawhouser, Mike Gaulke, Eric Nelson, Lijah, and I were there for the blessing. I did have Clark in a white outfit, but by the time third hour came around he had drooled and got food all over himself and he looked a hot mess. So I figured that it would be better to wear a clean outfit than a white outfit for the blessing and changed him.
Monday 5/4/09 – Clark doesn't do much since he's a baby so he often gets left out of the journaling, so I'll write a bit about him. He is army crawling all over the place these days, and it really fast. I'd say he takes a second to do two arm pulls, army crawl style. He's also pulling himself up and walking along furniture whenever possible. He really likes standing next to Lijah's big Flinstone-type car so he can turn the steering wheel. He also likes standing up at the toy box so he can get to all the fun toys he had been missing out on. This morning I was sitting on the couch watching Lijah's newest video obsession from the library, Foster's House for Imaginary Friends, and Clark was at the toy box, when I heard Clark start to cry. I looked over and he had toppled into the toy box, but he was neither all the way in nor all the way out. He was just teetering on the ledge, poor little boy. Clark loves food, but mostly the food that he cannot have. He will sit and watch anyone eating like a dog sits and begs. When he's hungry and sees that I have food he'll start crying, take a few crawls, stop and put his head down, whine, and then take a few more crawls. He does this until he reaches me…it's pretty pathetic looking. At church yesterday Eddie Gaulke was next to me and was getting some baby food from Rachel and he got very jealous that he couldn't have some as well. He even leaned over to try to get some! So I gave him some of his melting puff things to try to appease him. I think what he really wants is a big veggie burger, not the runny baby food that I give him. When he does eat his baby food though, he likes to eat it standing up. He squirms and makes a mess if he is sitting in a chair or on my lap, but when he is standing he stays pretty clean and pretty happy. Speaking of sitting though….Clark does not want to sit. He'll crawl, and he'll walk, but he will not sit! It's not normal, but the doctor says that it is ok because he's doing everything else he is supposed to be doing. I think he's going to be more of a mover than Lijah was, he is just so interested and excited in seeing new things. Things I should stress..…not people. When grandma came over one day, and again when the missionaries came over for dinner, he sits real still….looks at me very unsure….and drops his head and starts crying. Lately his favorite toy is Lijah's vacuum. He'll lay on the floor all day pushing and pulling the handle (which makes it talk and play music and make vacuum noises). Maybe it's a sign that he'll be a bit more tidy than I am…..let's hope.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment