Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1/26/09 - 2/2/09

Monday 1/26/09 – My Manic Panic came in the mail today. I ordered Wildfire, while is a bright red. When I got home from work I did 8 streaks in my hair and thought it looked pretty good. I got a message from my neighbor on Facebook today. I had sent her a message telling her that I made a baby blanket for her (but I don't even know her). She replied, "Well, I have to admit... I think it's a little weird since we've never met. Weird, but very very kind of you! This will sound weird though too... I see from your profile that you're Mormon, and I have this odd sense of trust of Mormons though I'm not one myself. I've been close friends with a number of people that are Mormon throughout my life... so even though we've never formally met, I still trust you:)". I always wonder what people think when they find out I'm LDS, and this was refreshing. I think it stems from when I joined the church and lost pretty much all of my 'friends' – I guess I figure others will act in the same way. On another note, Lijah's dandruff is pretty bad so I put oil all over his scalp. I hear that this makes it better, we'll see.

Tuesday 1/27/09 – Jason woke up sick today – he had been up with acid reflux all night and didn't get any sleep. I couldn't stay home from work because I have 3 projects going and have a booked schedule with meetings that I am running. So Angie came and picked up Lijah and Clark and brought them back to her house. It figures that Lijah has to go out in public the day after I doused his hair in oil without washing it out. Lijah had fun playing with a guitar at Angie's house and she gave him a SpongeBob Squarepants shirt. I came home from work early and Angie picked me up. After work I made a heart footprint craft I saw online with the boys, only Lijah would not participate. I painted Clark's foot red and printed it on a piece of cardstock (2 footprints joined at the heel so it looks like a heart shape). Then I was pouring a glass of soda and Lijah wanted some 'bubble juice' too. I could not find a cup, but there was a baby bottle that we don't use for Clark, so I put some soda in there. Now Lijah is hooked on bubble juice in a bottle. I tried it and it does taste good – you get just a little bit of bubbles. It lasts longer for him as well – so he's not coming back to me after gulping down his glass asking for more.

Wednesday 1/28/09 – On the way to work today we saw 'sun dogs' when we got on 35W. This is usually where we see them when they are out. I said Sun Dogs to Lijah hoping he would repeat it, but in stead he said 'Corn Dog'. He then asked me if I would bring a treat home from work for him. I have some fruit snacks Diane Dearring gave me because she is on a diet and I bring them home for Lijah one by one randomly so I brought one home today for him. As soon as I got in the car after work he said 'Mom…treat'. Good memory. He probably sat and thought about his treat all day long.

Thursday 1/29/09 – Ordered through Coborns Delivers for the first time today. Jackie Koppe at work gave me a coupon code for $44 off of a $100 order (the discount is supposed to celebrate our 44th president), plus there was a free shipping coupon code. I ended up getting $107 worth of groceries for $57! I also had a $20 credit for Jackie referring me, but I was not able to use that with the coupon code. Bummer. It should come tomorrow between 12-4. Their prices are more expensive than Super Target and they don't have as much of a selection so I don't think I will use them in the future, but I couldn't resist the deal. I used up the rest of my Manic Panic Wildfire dye and did my whole head. The streaks I put in on Monday had already washed out so I figured a whole head of red couldn't hurt for a few days. I was secretly hoping that it would stick this time. I wish it would last though. It did not turn bright red like it looks in the bottle, but a deeper maroonish red that I loved.

Friday 1/30/09 – After work we went over to Angie's for games and pizza. We ordered from Domino's and drank root beer while playing Apples to Apples. We were the first ones there, even before Angie and while we were waiting in the car Lijah insisted that the house was Dawn's house and got mad when I told him it wasn't her house. Angie is in South Minneapolis so we got to see the swarms of crows that fly around dusk in that area. She also had a big bag of Dylan's clothes that were too small for him that would fit Lijah soon, and she gave us the bouncy chair that we used for Lijah again. On the way home we stopped by McDonalds for ice cream cones. I haven't been to McDonalds for years and was disappointed that they no longer have chocolate or twist cones, but I was happy that their vanilla cones were only one dollar, and they were huge! Lijah got his own huge cone and happily licked it all the way home.

Saturday 1/31/09 – We spent the morning cleaning upstairs. Clark's room was a mess so we tidying that and his closet up. Then we tackled Lijah's closet that had been storing all of my random craft supplies. I thought he might like an actual closet (to hide in, or play in). We then discovered that it was almost 40 degrees outside so we went outside for a walk. Jason had gone to his mom's to help her with her computer and my sling was in the car so I had to use an old uncomfortable snuggli baby carrier (which I later found out had cat pee on it – yuck!). We decided to swing by home to pick up some money and head around the corner to the coffee shop. We got a Clementine soda and peanut butter cookie. Then we noticed that the guys playing guitar and singing bluegrass were actually having a sing-along. There were books set out with all the lyrics so I picked one up and sang with them. I can't believe that I used to hate singing so much and now I can sing openly and not care what others think of my voice. I think I've said this before, but a comment I heard before always sticks with me. It's "Sing like you are singing for Jesus" – think about how you would sing if He were there with you – it's not about what you sound like, it's what's in your heart. While Lijah was sleeping, Clark and I went to the Pierre Bottineau library. It sure was nice to be able to lollygag and not have to chase down Lijah every five seconds. When I go with both the kids it is 'in-and-out', get what you need and run! Otherwise Lijah runs around and tries to hide from me in the rows of books.

Sunday 2/1/09 – Not much happened today. Types up some recipes from the library books. Made a Cinnamon Flop recipe I found in an Amish/Mennonite cookbook and it was delicious. Jason even had seconds! Now that we have two bouncy chairs, Lijah likes to sit in one with Clark in the other next to him and they both bounce together. Heard that Karen (our neighbor) had an appointment set up to have the missionaries come over – not sure if she actually followed through with it though.

Monday 2/2/09 – Made taco salad for dinner and watched Slumdog Millionaire.

No comments: