Saturday 1/5/08 - We went to Collette and Adam's wedding reception at the Oakdale Stake Center. Jason was the DJ and did a great job. Collette had asked me to take pictures for her so I brought my camera. But boy was I relieved when she had hired Nell Hegdahl to take pictures instead. I was so stressed about what I would do with Lijah while I took pictures. But I did get to take some shots so I could figure out what I need for lighting for my next gig for Kelly Campbell in April. Lijah and I danced and slow danced together and he was able to run around with Dylan and the other kids. We had soup and bread and cookies - it was a good time. I had Cheire watch Lijah while I went outside to take some pictures of the Temple. Once I got cold I went to go back in, only to find that the doors were locked. So I was freezing and running around the building trying to find an open door and finally I found one!
Sunday 1/6/08 - Church started at 9am today and boy was it great! I fasted for the first time in a long time and will continue from this point forward. No excuses. My new nursery class was great. I taught about being a child of God and about our spirits (yes, I used the glove example) and they were so into the lesson - I was amazed. I also told them that I had the most special person in the worls in a box and had them come look one by one into the box (which contained a mirror). Then after church Jason and Lijah napped, I got some homework done, and then we went to Rossi and Garry's to play with Astrid and eat dinner. He made a bunch of different root vegetables with rice and lentils - it was very yummy! Then we sat around as Lijah and Astrid played together. At one point they were sitting on the stairs together kicking their feet and then Astrid started planting kisses on him. He would turn away but then look back for her out of the corner of his eye - it was too cute. I hope that they get to hang out more often!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment