12/22/07, Saturday - Went to Cherie's house for an appetizer dinner. Everyone brought two appetizers and we had a feast. My favorite foods were the Cherie's fried ravioli, Angies chow-mein chocolate treats, and Celya's taco cream cheese tortilla roll-ups. Who was there: Larry & Susan, Lee & Celya, Angie, Alyssa, & Dylan, Cherie & Dan, Jason, Lijah, and I. The funnest part of the night was when Angie and I were downstairs with all of the kids. They started dancing around to Hannah Montana. Lijah found a microphone and started singing and was dancing away too! It was really icy on the way to Cherie's, but the drive home wasn't too bad.
12/23/07, Sunday - Went to church and gave the Christmas lesson in the nursery. I read from Lijah's "First Christmas' book the story of the birth of Jesus and the Wise Men. Then we played a game where we helped the Wise Men follow the star to find Jesus. Before church Lijah and I watched the Curious George movie. He sat like a bump on a log for almost the entire movie!
12/24/07, Monday - Dad, Deb, Angie, and Nikki came over. We had sloppy joes, chips, and Deb's cheesy broccoli cauliflower dish. Lijah and I made a framed art piece for dad and Deb. It had his handprints and a caption that said 'Lijah loves grandpa and grandma'. We also gave them some homemade pumpkin butter with bread, and home brewed ginger ale syrup. I had also made cinnamon-sugar nuts but they got burnt so I fed them to the birds! The brought us a food dehydrator, clothes and a video for Lijah, and $100! We sure could use the extra cash right about now, and we have been wanting a food dehydrator to add dried foods to our food storage. After we ate Jason played some funny internet videos and watched Curious George after that. I also made some cinnamon-sugar homemade donuts for dessert! It was a very low-key night and we just had a relaxing time hanging out together.
12/25/07, Tuesday - Went over to Cherie's for dinner - Angie and the kids came too. We had ham, corn, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, scalloped potatoes, and salad. Then we all went downstairs and opened presents. We brought them some homemade pumpkin butter with bread, and home brewed ginger ale syrup. Lijah got alot of presents: Pottytime video, Veggie Tales video, a vacuum and cleaning set, a milk truck, a magic erase board, a little picture frame ornament for the tree, a Thomas the Train interactive DVD with his own remote, a Spongebob Squarepants sign for his room, an outfit, and 3 pairs of dinosaur pajamas. I got a cookbook, a vanilla oil diffuser, pajama bottoms, and Cherie's old silverware (much needed!). Jason got a few DVD's and a robe. It was very slippery on the way home and at one point we did a 360 in the middle of the road - Jason said it just happened out of nowhere - it was not even when he hit the brakes or anything. I closed my eyes during the whole thing and thought for sure we would end up in the ditch - but Jason is a good driver and we were fine....
12/26/07, Monday - It's back to work! It was snowing all morning and I worked the late shift today so I took the bus in. I saw the bus come but was just crossing the street when it was at the stop and I tried to run after it, but was not successful. Luckily another one came about 5 minutes later. As I was leaving the house, little Lijah was looking out the front window until I was out of view. He looked so sad! I wish I could have stayed home all day and played with him more! But I have another 4 day weekend coming up so I am excited for that!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment